10 Legal Rights That Are Yours!
Every woman has them irrespective of who she is
- You are entitled to free legal aid
- Police cannot refuse to file your FIR
- You have the right to privacy while recording your statement
- You can file your FIR through email
- No arrest after sunset
- Your identity cannot be revealed without your permission
- There is no time limit for filing the FIR
- You cannot be called to the police station
- You are entitled to protection by your employer
- A Doctor cannot decide whether you were sexually assaulted or not with a verbal statement. A full written statement is always required.
Delhi Police Women Helpline: 1091
Police Control Room: 100 (use area code if required)
Delhi Commission for Women Helpline: 23379181, 23370597
Child Abuse Helpline: 1098